Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Not Knowing

"If you want to be given anything, give everything up." - Tao Te Ching

The not knowing invites all knowing. I can't write if I think I know something. I have to step away from the computer when expectation arises. "All is vanity." I had to take a deep breath and watch my thoughts just then because resistance arose. Resistance permeates the body like poison. The body says, "you're messing with my perfect chemistry, whatever you brought in here, get it out of here." I sit down on the invisible chair behind me and cleanse my system. Then, I sit down on the actual chair, close my eyes, and breathe.

I place my writing books back on the shelf and I write from not knowing. I put away all my ideas and work from a place of no goal. I clean out all thoughts of what I think this blog should be about and write "Who am I?" That way I will never forget to look at the deeper "I" that resides within all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment