Monday, August 2, 2010

What is security?

Will I not still die? Will I not experience pain once I reach a certain amount of security? Will I not still lose people near and dear to me?

My intention is not to scare you, but to bring reality into light. What is security? We all strive for it, whether it'd be securing ourselves financially, socially, or spiritually. Whenever we experience slight discomfort inside, we run to our safe places: "at least I have this" or "at least I have that." But what do we really have that we cannot lose? It only leaves who we are in our essence, the depth of our being. Eckhart Tolle calls it the "stillness within."

Why am I bringing this up now, you may ask? Because I have been catching myself making decisions and acting based on this assumption of "what's more secure?" And the realization that I've been having is that nothing is more secure. That's the trick and the trap that we fall into everywhere we turn unless we turn within.

It does not mean that we have to try and fight the idea of security out of our minds. We would not be able to even if we tried. It is just a matter of noticing that it's there. For now, looking at it is enough.

Join me in looking at security for what it really is.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment