Thursday, July 22, 2010

If I didn't want you to have it, I wouldn't give it you

Which way should I go? What should I do? The typical questions of the indecisive mind.

"Before falling in love with a thought, go there first." - Eckhart Tolle

Life has been nudging me to go there first and to keep going on daily basis. In the past week, I've been experiencing inner conflict as to what path to choose. Inner conflict and anxiety arise whenever I choose to sit and do nothing, but worry about that I should be doing something. Or doing one thing and worrying about that I should be doing another.

Here's where living intentionally transforms inner conflict to inner peace:

- Bringing our full attention into activities or non-activities that we are already doing or not doing.

- Shutting down doubts by reminding ourselves that we won't know if the thing that we are working on is IT until we try it first. If it is, then we need to keep doing that. And if it is not, then we can move on and choose differently knowing that it wasn't IT, in which case it is still not a mistake because it showed us the way to go.

- Navigating around defeatist thoughts by knowing the difference between fear and foreboding. My Reiki Master pointed out the difference between the two. Foreboding is an intuitive feeling that we should not do something. There is no fear around it, it's more like a feeling. Fear is when we start feeling anxious about the situation and we start rationalizing why we should not do it. Let's see where Life takes us when fear is NOT a factor.

- It's not about the end result. It's about the moment in which action or non-action happens. It's about enjoying the challenges and doing things for fun. Remember the time when we did things just because. Let's bring that aimless, childish drive into our activities today. If the answer is needed, it will come. If a specific person is needed, he or she will too come.

I heard the following words inside my mind's eye: "If I did not want you to have it, I would not give it to you."

Join me in transforming inner conflict to inner peace.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I like it. I liken it to my current journey of grad school. I'm loving the adventure. Many people commented on "my courage" in following my passion which says to me that many people don't. They become complacent and stuck. I never want to be that and it sounds like neither do you. I think we have more in common then we realize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary. To add to that, there is no such thing as a wrong choice because no matter what we choose we end up exactly where we are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete